• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube

Skills & Things about me

photographer
86%
html & css
Punctual
91%
illustrator
Web Developer
64%
wordpress

Monday, April 21, 2014

Why Do I Blog?

We all have that sort-of definition or purpose why we blog .

My friend once reminded me to be careful with what I'm posting because maybe I'm too public in sharing everything. Well, First, this blog isn't exactly everything that I've been doing. There are actually some points in my life that better leave unsaid online and some words that are better off to be written on a piece of notebook. So basically, below are the reasons why I blog.



I blog to express not to impress. 

People think blogging is just another form of one's vanities. But too often they think that blogging is a way to express one's personal thoughts and ideas and put it into words. In which, it could somehow inspire others, reflect, share one's point of view and the like.

Personally, I meant this blog as an online journal , where I can freely write random thoughts on my mind, my learnings, passage from my favorite book or quote, experiences, friends, family, God and list goes on. I didnt mean to change the world and make it a better place for you and for me. Teheee! I mean it to share my views and opinion. The point here is, though I express things in this way, atleast I didn't used this to put blame or hurt somebody. In addition, this could somehow gives relief or peace from thoughts that often interrupts my mind.

One one thing I learned is that the more you blog, the more you write – and the better writer you become.



Blogging is a virtual art. 

It's just like a painter sketching a landscape inspired by the beautiful sunset, a pianist who compose songs in a lonesome night. Certainly, in blogging, it is an ordinary person writing its extraordinary thoughts randomly . Thats how I interpret blogging in a way. Since in blogging, just like what I'm doing, I can freely post my composed poem, My first photoshop typography , personal photo shots, etc . It is something created with imagination and skill and certainly gives us ideas and connection.



Blog- your own world.

You are responsible on how will you create your own world. No one can command you what your post would be or what appropriate webpage design should look like. It depends on the owner's desire. Your design or blog must be in accordance to your purpose -business,entertainment, fashion, journal.


My blog has been through different designs, skins, template then later comes down to something girly and something written in a piece of paper with bright and colorful labels. However, this design wouldn't last longer, especially if I want to try and look for something new. Well, It is also something that also reflects me.


I blog to refresh and learn more HTML code . 

Through the process of blogging, most people learn some HTML code simply because it’s easier to make minor improvements to your site by yourself than it is to hire and pay somebody.

Though I'm a marketing student and neither do have subjects regarding html and programming codes in college, luckily, I was able to grasped basic html and other programming languages (java, turbo C, visual basic) during my secondary years, thanks STI high school, especially my ICT teachers for these extra knowledge hihi..

Actually, what you saw in my blog wasn't the original template should look like. I added up some graphics, deleted some codes, add some links, change the header, etc. You know, something I personalized. It is permissible as long as I haven't change the footer of this page where the maker of this template was linked (one way to put credit). Certainly, I'm not that pro programmer, if I want to change something and I dont know how, I consulted my forever helpful friends-google and youtube for some tutorials and additional tips. And I just cant afford to let someone code a layout for me haha.




Blog: A look into your life. 

Sooner than what you think, your life wouldn't be just as the same as it would be. Certainly, change is the only constant thing in this world. You grow, you learn. You may soon forget to constantly update your blog but one day, when you revisit it, you then remember things that had long lost forgotten through time-experiences, artwork, people you've been through, etc. some thing you can be proud of, some thing you can say "Seriously? I've been through these?" and lastly, you may share the stories with your grandchildren. Its a timeline and diary of your life I would say.


It was year 2009 then when I started blogging and my first post was about my best of friends in high school. I remember I posted it in a way to appreciate the friendship that we had plus our favorite song before. Thinking if things would ever be stay the same. I wasn't even thinking the purpose of my blog or what next post should I publish at that time, just childish and silly memories I had. Now, its been 5 years in blogging industry *choos. Scanning those older posts often makes me smile or cry *emotional* . How time changes everything and how God puts things in his marvelous ways.

Should I stop blogging? Preferably not, hopefully not, not yet...

Friendly Reminder :


Yes, you may consider that page,your blog, as your own whether it is encrypted with a certain blog platform e.g blogger, wordpress or even have your own domain. Remember to be responsible with you are sharing and put credits from a certain piece you copied that is posted in your blog, dont plagiarize nor steal other people's work. Imagine your life would be if it happens to you, it seems like someone gets something that you really work for.

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

12 Street West Victoria 1234 Australia

Phone number

+(12) 3456 789

Website

www.johnsmith.com