• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • Instagram
  • Youtube

Skills & Things about me

photographer
86%
html & css
Punctual
91%
illustrator
Web Developer
64%
wordpress

Thursday, February 14, 2013

As His Sister


"Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.”
-Voltaire


I’ve been so busy last Wednesday with lots of things to do e.g. homework, paperwork, deadline of projects, quizzes and I don’t have the energy to do as such. As I arrived home so bone-tired, I'm really confused on what to do first. Then in awhile, my younger brother doubtfully approached me and asked if I could help him and his group mates for their defense in their term paper tomorrow.

I refused to help him but I can see the meaning behind his eyes as was staring at me.

I cant focus on things that I need to do when at back of my mind there is someone bothering and wanting for my help. So I approached my brother and told him " I can let you spend some of my time to help you for that"
 

Well, I know it is my responsibility as a sister to help my younger brothers.
 

My bro was glad that he immediately calls his members to have a sleepover in the house so that they can practice more.( I didn’t expect how serious he was and how badly he needs me).

On the other hand, my phone beeps for more than 10 times, as I checked my Fb , I got 4 more messages, for my group mates need to finalize and compile our paper work analysis for our defense also. I haven’t done anything yet.

then after 15minutes, they arrived and I aided them on what to do or the proper way of presenting a report to the panels. Well, I admit I'm not that good enough but I've been through lots of defense since high school so it was just basically from my own experience. I really don't have that good sleep that night.

Then Thursday afternoon, my brother arrived home so happy that he is so excited to share the outcome of their defense. He told mom that their teachers were impressed and they got the highest score. The teachers even compare their works and told other team to do the same thing as they did.
 

He then approaches me as I was writing for my next blog topic. He then told me everything 'coz it wouldn't be possible with my help. As he was talking, I pretended to act nothing, passive i could say but deep inside, my heart was smiling . I know my brother so well that he is really not that expressive enough yet his trying.
 

Actually, this day, wasn’t really a good day for me not because its Valentines (haha bitter) rather I am not that productive enough. But the moment my bro expresses his gratitude. I can say that it’s the best gift I received. The act of love exists the moment I helped him and the time he appreciated my effort, i know it was just a small thing but that feeling I felt feels grate, FIRST TIME as his sister.

Contact

Get in touch with me


Adress/Street

12 Street West Victoria 1234 Australia

Phone number

+(12) 3456 789

Website

www.johnsmith.com