Personal Reflection 101
If
I say: I will forget my complaining.
I will lay aside my sadness and be of good cheer
Job 9:27
Life means so much to me, sometimes pain or joy,
sometimes depression and the other times a hope. Everyday I wake up with a new
will to live, to learn, to move. Life would not be real without the lessons we
learn, without the experience we encounter and without the special people who
are near to share life with.
I often complain about the things around me before
especially if there something’s wrong in my plan and if there are a lot of
things to do. Like, I was asked by our principal to organize a teacher’s day
event last December of last year and it would be Friday. I accept the task
given by our principal even though I have a doubt because I was only given 4
days to prepare and it isn’t easy because it’s a big and special event plus at
that week, Wednesday, would be our mock defense for our thesis proposal. So I
have a difficult time in managing it especially if there is a homework or
project to be submitted also. I complain on how I would be able to make it in a
very short time and I almost give up. I always bear in mind at that time that I
need to finished what I’ve started and trust myself that I can make and through
trust and faith of God.
I make a note for the things that I need to do. First
thing that I’ve done is to conduct a meeting with my co officers on how to work
and organize the event. I assigned them who will be the working committees and
the one who will arrange the flow of event. Everything was set already and the
invitation was already sent to the principal for approval.
Next, would be our defense, It isn’t easy to make a
thesis. I prepare it for 4 months and a take it seriously for me to graduate.
But it all turns out to negative. Our proposal was not accepted and need to
have another defense and make it next year it’s because according to our panel,
we need to have a better and easy program. I’m really disappointed about it and
lost a little courage.
It seems that God really challenge me because the day
before the event, one of the officers told me that there is a problem with the
plan, there is a problem with regards to programme matters. I don’t want to
mess everything and turn out to nothing so what I did I volunteer myself to be
the emcee to be able to hold and control the flow of the programme. Because of
my disappointment with my thesis, I don’t have much courage, good thing my friend
motivates me. The event was successful and it was a memorable experience to
all. I feel so relieve when they congratulated me and all my pains and
sufferings suddenly wash out for they all appreciated my efforts. I learned
that instead of complaining, I must make actions with it.
In conclusion, for me, life is the sum of our
experiences and the knowledge we have gained by means of finding a true sense
of self. And I hold to what my friend said that when God is your reason to
live, you will never have a reason to quit.
